Weed in Review: Friday, March 2, 2018
Our dispensary in Butte is finally open! Welcome, Montana patients!
Cannabis News In the United States
Legal Cannabis Industry Poised For Big Growth, In North America And Around The World: According to Arcview Market Research and its research partner BDS Analytics, over the next 10 years, the legal cannabis industry will see much progress around the globe. Spending on legal cannabis worldwide is expected to hit $57 billion by 2027. The adult-use (recreational) market will cover 67% of the spending; medical marijuana will take up the remaining 33%. The largest group of cannabis buyers will be in North America, going from $9.2 billion in 2017 to $47.3 billion a decade later. The largest growth spread, however, is predicted within the rest-of-world markets, from $52 million spent in 2017 to a projected $2.5 billion in 2027: South America, Germany, Australia, Israel, and Canada.
Nevada signs off on regulations for recreational marijuana businesses: Nevada lawmakers have green-lighted permanent rules for the state’s adult-use cannabis industry. The state’s Legislative Commission voted unanimously to approve the 258-page regulations without formal debate. Nevada began recreational cannabis sales under emergency rules in July 2017 after voters approved adult-use marijuana sales in 2016.
Which Cannabis Strains Are Highest in CBD, According to Lab Data?: Looking at data from cannabis testing labs across Washington State, we compiled a list of strains that tend to produce a significant amount of CBD. These numbers are derived from the testing samples of cannabis flowers and do not include CBD concentrates.
Ex-FBI official hoping to blaze a path to Congress as ‘cannabis candidate’: A former FBI employee is running for Congress as the “Cannabis Candidate,” with a campaign ad featuring him smoking marijuana in front of an image of the American flag. Benjamin Thomas Wolf is one of three challengers to incumbent Rep. Mike Quigley in the Democratic primary for Illinois’ 5th Congressional District, which includes parts of Chicago.
Medical Research Updates on Cannabis
Medical Cannabis Pain Reduction Survey: A study conducted by the Minnesota Department of Health shows that 42 percent of patients in the state using medical cannabis for intractable pain reported a reduction of 30 percent or more in their pain levels. Health Commissioner Jan Malcolm says the study helps improve the understanding of the potential of cannabis for treating pain and maybe reducing dependence on opioids. The study also showed that 63 percent of patients who were taking opioid medication when they starting using medical cannabis, reduced or eliminated their opioid use after six months.
Cannabis News Worldwide
Mother of a seriously ill boy,6, given hope as cannabis treatment is considered: In the UK, the family of a six-year-old boy who has a rare form of epilepsy have been given hope he will be considered for cannabis oil treatment that soothes his symptoms. The government says a medical cannabis trial is a potential option for treating Alfie Dingley after his parents called on ministers to grant the youngster a license to use the oil.
Check out Cannabis Business Times Events Page for the latest.
Our favorite news sources: