Cannabis for Seniors…with or without euphoria and always without judgment.
Regardless of all the exciting and frustrating events happening in the United States right now, the pain and sleeplessness that our senior citizens experience persevere. What if we were able to move beyond Reefer Madness and step into Reefer Medicine? What if we encouraged our brilliant and beautiful wise elders to ask their doctor about cannabis without fear of judgment or alienation? Here at Herbaceous Inc. in Montana, we’re encouraging the senior citizens of our community to consult their physician about medical marijuana. We can also recommend some great physicians who know their stuff!
One of my favorite aspects of medical marijuana: you can experience relief with or without the high. Many dispensaries offer CBD strains without the high levels of THC and I’m delighted to announce that we finally have a CBD strain in our dispensary! For those of you who want to feel high while taking your medicine, live it up. But for those of you who don’t want to experience the effects of THC (like me), we finally have an alternative. Or mix and match depending on the time of day. We’re happy to help you explore and discover what works best for you!
There’s a great article in the Senior Directory that highlights 8 Benefits of CBD for Senior Citizens. Medical marijuana can help:
- Provide pain relief (especially arthritis and/or nerve pain)
- Support bone health and healing (anti-inflammatory properties)
- Provide soothing effects
- Fight glaucoma
- Provide relief from insomnia and sleep issues
- Provide an alternative to prescription medications and their side-effects
- Stimulate an appetite
- Fight Alzheimer’s and dementia (cannabinoids can contribute to the elimination of a toxic protein related to this disease)